Fancy a day at the races with NetEnt's slot? A comprehensive review of Scudamore's Super Stakes including bonus features, volatility and payouts.
- Developed by NetEnt
- Interesting side bet feature
- Free spins bonus round
- Voice of Peter Scudamore used in the game
If you enjoy a bit of horse racing and playing video slots, NetEnt's 2019 release of Scudamore's Super Stakes is the game for you.
The slot is themed around legendary national hunt jockey turned champion trainer, Peter Scudamore.
It has 5 reels, 20 fixed paylines and an RTP of 96.11%. Super Stakes features random wilds, the Bet Slip feature and Peter's Classic Cup which allows you to win 5,000 times your stake.
Game's scores summary
|Visual & Sound Effects||7/10|
How to play Scudamore's Super Stakes
Like many Netent games, Scudamore's Super Stakes uses the bet level and coin value method for arranging how much each spin will cost. Personally, we prefer the straightforward €/£2 a spin approach rather than having to set two different counters. Yet, once that is done, it's down to the action.
The symbols on the reels are a mixture of playing cards(A, K, Q & J) and four different horses and jockeys.
The red jockey on the white horse is the most valuable, paying out 12.5 times your total bet for matching five on a payline.
Naturally, Peter Scudamore is the wild symbol and it replaces all standard symbols to produce more winning combinations.
Peter's Classic Cup trophy is the game's scatter which leads to the main feature.
Extra features & Bonus rounds
Scudamore's Super Stakes has three features to enjoy. The nice thing is that they are mixed between the base game, a bonus round and a side bet.
- Random Wilds: this is randomly triggered on any spin. Between 2 and 5 golden horseshoes will appear on the reels and these turn into Peter Scudamore wilds. Any wins are then paid out.
- Bet Slip Feature: you can purchase this side bet in the base game. Once you do, you must select one symbol, then select the number of spins and your side bet amount. For instance, collect 11 (wilds) in 10 spins pays 5.85x your bet amount. The highest value is to collect 92 symbols in 80 spins which pays 1,242x your bet. Also, worth noting is that if you choose the wild symbol, and the random horseshoe wilds appear, these count towards your total.
- Peter's Classic Cup: when you get three scatters (on reels 1, 3, and 5), the main bonus feature is activated. You must select one of four horses to win the race:
- Tin Foil Hat: pays 50x your stake
- Gonzo's Quest: pays 100x your stake
- Berry Max: pays 500x your stake
- Divine Dreams: pays 5,000x your stake
While the race is in progress, a free spins round gets underway on a 5x4 reel set with 23 active paylines. As you land a win from the free spins, your chosen horse moves up one position. If you get four wins during the free spins, your horse will win the race.
Scudamore's Super Stakes strategy, tips & tricks
The volatility of a slot is very important. Scudamore's Super Stakes is rated as high, so don't expect that many small wins to keep your bankroll ticking over.
This means you need to plan a good betting strategy so you don't blow all your budget too early. We advise mixing it up with some low bets and others a bit higher.
For Peter's Classic Cup, each horse has its own symbols attributed to it, so you're more likely to win with Tin Foil Hat than you are Divine Fortune. We found picking one of the middle two (Gonzo's Quest or Berry Max) to be the best tactic, here.
Video presentation of Scudamore Super Stakes
This slot is sure to appeal to horse racing enthusiasts. Overall, it offers enough to keep players engaged.
The graphics are good without being world-class. Ultimately, the big thrills come by way of the special features, in particular, Peter's Classic Cup which can pay out up to 5,000x your stake.Last update: 30-09-2019