Playson enters the ancient Egyptian genre with its new slot. Our review includes payouts, bonus features, RTP and top casinos offering this game.
- Developed by Playson
- Multi-reel expanding wilds
- Retrigger up to 35 free spins
- Symbol upgrades for higher payouts
The Egyptian goddess Bastet is the star of Playson's Rise of Egypt video slot which was released on the 24th of July 2018. It uses a 5x3 set of reels with 20 fixed paylines.
You can start spinning from between £/€0.20 and £/€100 on any device.
With expanding wilds, symbol upgrades and up to 35 free spins in the bonus round, Rise of Egypt has plenty of good qualities, but it is enough for you to try it? Find out in our review below.
Game's scores summary
|Visual & Sound Effects||8/10|
How to Play Rise of Egypt
A nice feature of Playson's games is their simplicity and smoothness. To begin playing, you only need to select the amount you want to wager on each spin. This is done by using the up/down arrows under the reel set.
After that, you just hit the big spin button and away you go. There is an autoplay function (in certain countries) where you can choose between 5 and 999 automatic spins.
The symbols which adorn the reels are crisp and sharp. The lowest value ones are decorated playing cards A, K, Q and J.
In addition to those, there are six symbols related to the ancient Egyptian era. These include:
- A harp
- An ankh cross
- The eye of Ra
- The Horus falcon
The top paying standard symbol is a golden scarab beetle which is worth 20x your stake.
Bastet is the slot's wild. This symbol only appears on the middle three reels and as usual substitutes all symbols other than the scatter, which is represented by a beautiful stone and gold pyramid.
Features & Bonus Rounds
Rise of Egypt Features & Bonus Rounds:
- Expanding Wilds: on any base game spin, when the Bastet wild symbol lands on the reels, it will expand to become a full-reel wild if it can produce a winning payline.
- Free Spins: land three or more scatters on the reels and you not only get a good payout (50x for landing 5 symbols) but you also trigger the free spins bonus round. This feature begins with 12 spins, with 1 extra free spin added for every wild that appears on the reels. You can also retrigger the free spins by landing 3 or more scatters again. The maximum number of spins you can get in one round is limited to 35.
- Symbol Upgrades: during the free spins, each time a wild appears on the reels, it expands to fill the entire reel. The eyes from Bastet then zap the lowest-value Egyptian symbol from a table on the left. All of these symbols are then upgraded to the next value. If you get a few wilds, this feature can produce some nice payouts near the end of the free spins round.
Rise of Egypt Strategy, Tips & Tricks
Rise of Egypt has a medium to high volatility rating so it's a case of playing through the dry spells whilst waiting for the riches to pour down on you.
There is little in the way of a strategy as the features are limited, so just keep tabs on your bankroll. Adjust how much to play every so many spins if necessary to make the entertainment last longer and also keep yourself in the hunt for the big payout.
Playson has done a good job in capturing the genre with Rise of Egypt but with so many other titles using a similar theme, it's hard to stand out. Also, the theoretical RTP is a touch low by modern standards, coming in at 95.82%.
The positives are that this is a very relaxing game. It works superbly on all devices and its graphics are sharp. Plus, you can win over 900x your stake on any spin, so based on that, Rise of Egypt gets our approval.Last update: 30-09-2019