Looking for something retro? Our El Dioni slot review might be it. An honest assessment of this game, its features and all-important payouts.
- Offers a main game and upper game
- Five mini bonus games included
- Has the classic nudge and hold features
- 95% RTP
El Dioni basic info
El Dioni is a curiously engaging online slot from the Spanish software provider MGA Games. The main game is a throwback to how traditional cabinet slot machines once were.
It has a single payline and features nudges and hold buttons. However, there’s a second game which you can play when using bonus credits picked up in the main game, and several other mini-games as well.
Continue reading our El Dioni slot review to find out if this is the right game for you.
Game's scores summary
|Visual & Sound Effects||8/10|
How To Play El Dioni
The first thing you must do once you’ve loaded El Dioni is to select how much you want to pay per spin. The default amount is the minimum bet level of €0.20. To change this, click the ‘Bet’ button. The maximum cost per spin is €15.00. As you flick through the various cost per spin denominations, you will notice the paytable values changing.
The El Dioni jackpot is a respectable €15,000 if played on the highest bet level but it’s only €100.00 if playing at 20 cents a spin.
When you’re ready to spin the reels, hit the green ‘Play’ button. You can get up to four nudges on any spin, which you can either control yourself or switch to auto and let the game play them for you.
If you match two symbols on the single payline, you are able to hold these and spin the other reel - much like a classic slot from yesteryear. After landing a winning spin, you can gamble or collect the original win.
El Dioni game features
It’s quite amazing how much is packed into this slot. The single payline in the main game gives a false sense of it being nothing more than a revamped version of an old retro slot. However, that couldn’t be further from reality. Let’s start with the base game:
- Bonus: The bonus symbol is the wads of cash, but it doesn’t trigger any bonus, so you may find it slightly puzzling. It gives you bonus points which you need to play the upper game
- Wild: The red truck is the wild symbol and this can substitute all other symbols to form winning combinations
- Free Games: Keep an eye open for the money bag symbols. Get three of these on your payline and it triggers a bonus game (see below)
- Vertical lines: When a passport symbol lands on the reels it increases the number of vertical paylines in the upper game
El Dioni Upper Game
In the control bar, below the reels, there is a ‘Change Game’ button. When you have enough bonus points, this will lightly flash to indicate that you can swap and play the upper game. This uses a completely new reel set, with up to eight paylines and a different paytable.
The cost per spin is a combination of real money and bonus points. When you’ve used up all of your bonus points, the slot automatically reverts back to the main game.
Five mini bonus games
El Dioni delivers five extra bonus games to help boost up your winnings. These are triggered by matching certain combinations in the main or upper game.
- Bags: If you land three bags in the main game, you can activate the Bags bonus feature. You get five bags to choose from and you can keep picking different ones until you hit a ‘game over’ bag
- Toupee: You’re in the barber’s shop now and there’s a wheel of fortune with different toupees on it. Each one has a value and you win the amount where the spinner stops
- Meridien: This is triggered by getting 3 limos symbols in the upper game. You choose people from the windows and each one has a monetary value attached. Carry on picking until you hit a person with no value
- Restaurant: This is also activated from the upper game. Select certain food dishes to see how much you can win
- Julio: Three karaoke symbols in the upper game launches the singing sensation Julio. He belts out notes for you to choose. Keep going until you hit a bad note which means its game over
If you want to jump straight into the upper game, you can play the bonus game which uses a reel set containing only the wads of cash symbols and big red crosses.
There is also a multiplier to the right of the reels which increases your bonus point totals.
El Dioni Video Presentation
El Dioni is a hidden gem. It’s a very entertaining slot with lots of features everywhere you look.
The RTP is 95%, which is acceptable without being fantastic. We found that the best wins came in the upper game as it activated more bonus games because of the increased number of paylines.
If this were a Microgaming or NetEnt slot, it would be talked about much more than it is. However, its developer, MGA Games, is not as internationally well-known and this, unfortunately, limits the number of casinos which offer El Dioni.Last update: 09-12-2019