With cascading reels, bonus meters, random wilds, and win multipliers, Crystal Land from Playson offers a fun-filled slot gaming experience.
- Random wilds and symbol substitutes added to reels
- Multiple levels with different rewards
- Up to x9 bonus round win multiplier
- 95.20% RTP
Crystal Land: basic info
At first glance, Playson’s Crystal Land looks more like Candy Crush or similar social media games of that ilk. The colourful cartoon-style background brings a sense of fun. However, the 7 by 7 reel set is what attracts most attention - and rightly so!
Playson has done a superb job with the gameplay and features. There is something for all types of players, and each spin delivers a sense of anticipation.
Continue reading our complete Crystal Land slot review as we examine all the extras this top game has to offer.
Game's scores summary
|Visual & Sound Effects||8/10|
How To Play Crystal Land
There is quite a bit going on with this slot, but as we go through each component, you’ll soon get a feel for it. This is a cluster pays game; therefore, it doesn’t have any paylines.
To begin playing, all you need to do is set how much you want each game to cost - the minimum is £/€/$0.10, with the upper limit hitting £/€/$100.00.
At the start of a new game, half of the symbols are active, and the other half are blocked. You can only form clusters from active symbols. For example, all seven symbols on the bottom row are active. Five symbols on rows two and three are active.
Then, only three symbols on rows four and five are active, and so on. None of the symbols on the top row are active at the start of a game.
When you get a cluster win by landing adjoining symbols, the blocked symbols on the lowest row become active while at the same time, the winning cluster symbols explode. This causes symbols to cascade down to fill all the spaces on the grid again, and hopefully form more winning combinations.
There are six crystal symbols on this slot. The diamond is the highest value one with it paying x10 your stake for a cluster of nine or more. This may not sound overly impressive, but: the game states that you can win more than x5,000 your stake on any spin - and that certainly is.
Double Wild Action
In addition to the crystals, there are two wild symbols:
- a normal wild which substitutes all other symbols to form winning combinations;
- a ruby wild - This behaves in the same way as the normal wild; however, when it is part of a winning cluster, the symbol changes to a bomb.
Once there are no more winning clusters available, the bombs explode. They can remove up to four symbols connected to them, resulting in another cascade.
Crystal Land Levels
Cystal Land utilises gamification techniques to keep players immersed in the game. To the right of the reels, is the Crystal Land level chart and meter:
- Level 1 - normal wilds are randomly added to the reels. Any winning clusters then explode and set the cascade in motion;
- Level 2 - ruby wilds are randomly added to the reels;
- Level 3 - a potion bottle which can substitute one symbol for another is randomly triggered;
- Level 4 - reverts back to normal wilds (level 1) but more symbols can be added, so the rewards are greater. This applies to all further levels, too.
Below the special symbols is the progress bar. With each winning cluster, the bar fills up. Furthermore, 5% of each win value is added to the progress meter piggy bank.
When the bar is filled, you spin the reward wheel to get your prize before levelling up.
Crystal Land Multiplier Bonus
The bonus round is activated by clearing all of the blocked symbols. However, there is action on the way:
- after two consecutive winning clusters, you unblock the third row. This releases random wilds on the reels;
- following that, with four consecutive wins, ruby wilds are added to the reels;
- if you get six consecutive wins, the top row is unblocked, and the bonus round awaits;
This starts by stars being added to three different sized chests (small, medium and large). Those chests are then hidden on the playing grid behind the symbols. You then get three potion bottles. One at a time, these change symbols on the reels to other symbols and form clusters.
Although the remaining symbols cascade down, no new symbols are added to the reels. Therefore, as the symbols vanish, the chests begin to appear.
After the third potion bottle, all the chests in view open and reveal the stars. Each star adds one to the bonus win multiplier, up to a possible x9.
Crystal Land video presentation
Where you can play Crystal Land
If you fancy taking a closer look at Crystal Land, we recommend the following licenced and regulated casinos:
Crystal Land definitely has the potential for delivering some explosive winnings, particular in the bonus round if you get a high multiplier.
It has a medium volatility rating, so you do get plenty of small wins which help to keep the bankroll ticking over.
The only downside is the RTP is slightly low compared to many other slots, but the chance of winning x5000 your stake is the reason for this.
Congratulations to Playson on a tremendous game.Last update: 16-07-2020