Follow our how to play guide to the Oz jackpot and other exciting features. List of top casinos with this game and bonus codes.
- Developed by Microgaming (Triple Edge Studios)
- Continuous respin feature
- Free spins can be retriggered multiple times
- 5,000 times your stake payout
Released in late 2018, Book of Oz is an old-school 5-reel slot with 10 fixed paylines.
It was developed by Microgaming via Triple Edge Studios and is themed around the mythical Land of Oz.
There is a single-reel respin feature which allows you to handpick the reels you want to respin. Plus Book of Oz serves up a special free spins bonus round with the potential for unlimited spins.
All this results in a juicy jackpot of up to 5,000 times your stake that you can win on any free spin.
Game's scores summary
|Visual & Sound Effects||8/10|
How to play Book of Oz
Whichever device you are using, Book of Oz is easy to play. The 5x3 reel set is perfect for most mobile screens as it doesn't feel overly compressed like some others with larger reels sometimes do.
By using fixed paylines, you only need to adjust the amount you want to bet before spinning the reels.
The symbols include:
- Decorated playing cards A, K, Q, J and 10
- A golden lion
- The Wizard in a top hat which is the highest value standard symbol (worth 250 times your stake)
The Book of Oz acts as both the scatter symbol that triggers the bonus round and the wild to help form more winning paylines.
Free spins and bonus games
Book of Oz is not the most feature-heavy slot on the market, but it still brings plenty of excitement with it. This, in our opinion, is due to the cool respins and unlimited free spins.
- Respins: at the bottom of each reel, there is a "respin" button. These five buttons become active after any winning or losing spin. You can click on any reel to respin it, but there is a catch. Every respin has a value attached to it. This is how much it will cost to respin that particular reel.
For instance, if you have the Wizard symbols on a payline covering reels 1, 2 and 3, you can respin reel 4 to try and get a larger win, but you have to pay a few Euros for each spin.
- Free Spins: the scatter symbol activates the Book of Oz free spins bonus feature. If you land three books, you get 10 free spins. For 4 book symbols, you get 12 free spins and for five scatters you get a generous 25 free spins. You can continuously retrigger free spins by landing three or more scatters during this round, plus this feature includes the expanding symbols mechanic.
- Expanding Symbols: when the free spins round is triggered, one symbol (excluding the wild) will be chosen at random to become the expanding symbol. This only expands when it lands on the reels and can help to form a winning payline.
Book of Oz Strategy, Tips & Tricks
Most online slots don't involve any type of strategy, yet by implementing the respin feature, Book of Oz breaks from tradition.
The standard theoretical RTP is 96.31% but this can rise up to 96.50% depending on your respin strategy.
Our tip is to learn the paytable so you know the payout for each symbol and be aware of the paylines. You can then assess the value of respinning selected reels.
Book of Oz is a great slot especially if you are new to playing casino games. It's simple enough to play but it also has a couple of superb features that are bound to keep you coming back for more.
The RTP is respectable, but it is a highly volatile game, so you will go on streaks where you don't hit many wins, but when they do come, usually they are fairly decent. Works superbly on all devices. Definitely, one you should try.Last update: 30-09-2019