Review of Playtech's Batman Begins slot. Learn about its progressive jackpots, multiple wilds, and RTP. Plus a list of sites where you can play Batman Begins slot.
- Developed by Playtech
- Four progressive jackpots
- Five unique levels with different features
- Up to 50x multiplier
Released in 2018, Batman Begins is a stunning progressive jackpot video slot from Playtech. Based upon the 2005 film of the same name, it has 5 reels and 20 fixed paylines.
Batman Begins is a 5-stage game, each with their own special features. There are several different wilds which perform in a unique way with a possible 50x multiplier added into the mix as well.
Your Batman adventure can begin from £/€0.20 a spin, so it's a game for any budget, too.
Game's scores summary
|Visual & Sound Effects||9/10|
How to play Batman Begins
Set upon a snow-filled backdrop showing Ra's temple, Batman Begins instantly takes you inside the world of Bruce Wayne.
The 5 by 3 reel set sees a mixture of low payout playing card symbols (A, K, Q, J, 10 and 9) combined with characters from the movie, including:
- Bruce Wayne
- Commissioner Gordon
- Dr Crane
- Ra's Al Ghul
Each of these symbols are worth progressively more with the highest being Batman, with a 50x your stake payout for matching 5 on a payline.
However, it's the plethora of wilds that set Batman Begins apart. There is a standard wild which is the Batman logo. This does the usual of substituting regular symbols to form winning combinations.
Next, there is an expanding, full reel wild which is a Batman symbol. This expands if it lands on the hotspot, which is the centre of the 3rd reel.
Lastly, you have a series of special wilds which change according to the stage level you are playing.
The four progressive jackpot games are a massive feature of this slot, but the changing levels help to keep you engaged in the action.
Above the reels, you have two meters, each has a symbol at opposite ends. When you land a meter symbol in the hotspot (middle of the third reel), it partly fills the meter.
After landing four symbols, the meter is full, and you are taken to the corresponding stage for that symbol with its own unique wild.
- The Temple: the game starts here. The Blooming Flower Wild is the special symbol during this stage. When one lands on the reels, it expands to form a criss-cross pattern of wilds. You can land multiple Blooming Flowers to create some very large wins. The meter for the Temple has Bruce Wayne to the left and Dr Richard Crane to the right. As mentioned, you fill the meter by landing either of these symbols on the 'hotspot'. If you fill Bruce Wayne's meter, you move onto the Wayne Manor level. If you fill Dr Crane's meter, you go to the Batcave
- Wayne Manor: this uses a Petrol Wild symbol which burns everything in its path turning them into wilds as well. The two meter symbols are the Scarecrow which takes you to Arkham Asylum and Commissioner Gordon. This moves you onto Monorail
- Arkham Asylum: you'll adore this level. The special wild is the Bat Signal, and it replaces all other symbols. It has a random multiplier worth up to 50x, so you can hit some big wins with this one. The meter uses Commissioner Gordon (Monorail) and Dr Crane (Batcave)
- Batcave: here you get Batmobile wilds. These start on the right of the reels, and they trigger a respin. After each respin, the Batmobile Wild moves one place to the left and another respin happens. The respins continue until the wild symbol has disappeared from the leftmost reel. In the meter above, you have Bruce Wayne and the Commissioner taking you to their respective stages
- The Monorail: this has the Microwave Wild. It chooses one of the highest paying symbols around it and then a Microwave burst changes other symbols on the reels into the same chosen high-valued one to generate some nice payouts. The meter has the Scarecrow which takes you to Arkham Asylum or Ra's Al Ghul to go back to the Temple
Batman Begins also has four progressive jackpots as part of the DC Super Heroes Series. These are randomly triggered on any spin. You enter a screen where you match different cells to see which one of the jackpots you'll win:
- Grand Jackpot
Batman Begins Strategy, Tips & Tricks
Due to the progressive jackpots attached to this game, the RTP is 95.11%, and the variance is medium. We found the best Batman Begins strategy is to play on low stakes when on the Temple, Batcave and Wayne Manor stages but increase the cost per spin on Arkham Asylum with its large multiplier and Monorail also pays out well with the Microwave wilds.
Batman Begins is a top-quality slot machine which will appeal to everyone - even those who aren't fans of the movies.
The only downside is that you do not have a free spins bonus feature (to the link below you can find a complete list of online casinos offering free spins slots), but there is so much action elsewhere with all the different wilds. You don't miss out.
Plus, the progressive jackpots, with the largest regularly paying out seven figures, make this a must play game for all slot lovers.Last update: 30-09-2019