Furious 4 is part of Playtech's Age of the Gods series. Full details of its progressive jackpots, features, RTP and more. Find out where to play this game!
- Developed by Playtech
- Four progressive jackpots
- Four 'Age of' special feature rounds
- Suits all budgets
Certain slot titles need little introduction, and the Age of the Gods games fill that bracket. This series, which consists of seven video slots and other games such as roulette and bingo, has been one of Playtech's best ever.
While everyone is sublime in its own way, this review is focussing on Age of the Gods Furious 4 that was released in April 2016. It uses a standard 5 by 3 reel set and has 20 non-fixed paylines.
The slot packs a punch with four special features and to cap things off. It's part of the Age of the Gods Jackpot series which has made several players millionaires in its time.
Game's scores summary
|Visual & Sound Effects||8/10|
How to Play Age of the Gods Furious 4
Chances are if you've visited an online casino in the past, you will already be aware of the Age of the Gods collection. Yet, for those who are seeking their first taste, we've got all the information to get you started right here.
Immediately, a great thing about Furious 4 is that its paylines are not fixed. Therefore, you can play only 1 payline, 2, or all 20.
The line bet ranges from £/€0.01 up to £/€5.00, so you can get underway for 1p per spin or 100 pounds.
Before playing, this is all you need to adjust.
The volatility is medium-high meaning you will go through many barren spells without too much coming back, so set your budget accordingly.
The ancient Greek mythology theme is visually very attractive with the four Gods being the stars of the show:
Not only do they provide some excellent payouts, Apollo being the highest at 2,000x your line bet for landing five on a payline, but each God also has their own special feature which can be activated during the bonus round.
Other symbols on the reels include highly-decorative playing cards ranging from 9 up to A.
While these are the lower-valued symbols, they do still reward you with up to 250x your line bet value.
The golden throne is the scatter - three of these unlocks the free games and the Furious Four features.
A gold "4" is the wild which substitutes for all symbols except the scatter, plus it has a top payout of 10,000x your line bet for landing 5 on a payline.
Bonus games and free spins
This slot is all about the bonus features and of course the Age of the Gods progressive jackpots, which can be triggered randomly after any spin. There are four progressives, each with a different size jackpot. Going in ascending order, they are:
- Extra Power
- Super Power
- Ultimate Power
Once activated, you're taken to a new screen with 20 coins on it. You must pick them one at a time until you match three identical jackpot symbols. This is the amount you will win.
While the value of your bet doesn't prevent you from triggering the progressive jackpot, but the higher your wager, the more likely you are to get it.
You get 12 free games when you land three or more scatters on the reels. These are accompanied by the following 4 Furious features which can be triggered during these games if any one of them covers the centre reel:
- Age of Light feature: when Apollo covers the middle reel, you get 4 Age of Light free spins (in addition to the original 12). The Apollo symbol can substitute for all the other symbols except the wild and scatter and expand to create full-reel wilds.
- Age of Curiosity: this feature is triggered by Pandora landing on the middle reel. You get 4 Curiosity spins starting with a 1x multiplier. Each subsequent Pandora symbol that lands on the reels during the four spins adds 1x to the multiplier and the total win from the Curiosity spins is then multiplied by this value at the end.
- Age of Fire: this feature uses Prometheus. Once triggered, you get four Fire spins with Prometheus expanded and locked on reel one. Additional Prometheus symbols are added to the other reels.
- Age of Endurance: the Atlas symbol covering the third reel activates the Endurance feature. You get an extra 3 spins with Atlas replacing all symbols (except wild and scatter) and locking in place for the remaining spins.
Age of the Gods Furious 4 strategy & tips
With several staking options, you are able to tinker with your betting strategy quite a bit on this slot.
This is a risk because if you reduce the number of paylines, you could miss a big win, but it is still an option.
The RTP is 94.88%. It's low due to the progressive jackpots.
That is the ultimate strategy, playing at high enough stakes to hopefully trigger this feature with its guaranteed win.
Slot Video Presentation
With the progressive jackpot waiting to pop at any time, you can see why Age of the Gods slots are so popular. We didn't find the base game that exciting but the sense of 'it could happen' certainly keeps you on the edge of your seat.
The bonus feature is also rewarding and the standard 10,000x your line bet is another good reason to try this title out.Last update: 30-09-2019