The UK Gambling Commission is one of the most reliable issuers of online casino licences. Read all you need to know about it.
You probably already know that finding a licensed online casino is crucially important. After all, without a license from a reputable gaming authority a casino can run roughshod over players and do whatever it likes. You might as well play in the wild West, with no rules to govern what operators can and can't do.
In this review we will give you a quick rundown of the UK Gambling Commission. We'll check out whether this is a reputable licensing body and determine if casinos holding a license from this commission can be trusted.
Below some UK Gambling Commission Quick Facts
- The UK Gambling Commission was set up in 2005 under the Gambling Act
- They are located in the UK but issue license to operators from around the world provided they meet the necessary requirements
- They issue the "gold standard" of gaming licences and are a widely respected gambling commission. If an operator has a license from them, you can be 100% sure they are legitimate
- In July 2017 they released a new enforcement strategy with a vow to crack down on operators exploiting loopholes
Can I trust gambling sites holding UK licences?
If you can't trust a UK licensed casino, you can't trust any. This is the license all operators want to get as it lends the highest level of credibility possible.
What does the UK Gambling Commission do?
- They issue, control, and have the power to revoke eGaming licences.
- They hold operators to strict regulations and laws governing game fairness and all manner of operating procedures.
- They carry out audits and tests to ensure game payouts are fair and as reported.
- They deal with player complaints where and when they arise, taking appropriate enforcement action where necessary.
- They work to promote responsible gambling and protect vulnerable members of society such as the underage from exploitation.
- They work to prevent crime such as money laundering and fraud and maintain the credibility of a UK gaming license.
How to contact the UK Gambling Commission
If you have a complaint or want to get in touch about licensing requirements, you can reach out via the website.
Since this is a large government department, there are multiple branches and getting in touch with the right one is important to facilitate smooth communication. Visit the link below and follow the procedure for getting in touch:Last update: 30-09-2019