While 2019 was a testing year for some online casino operators, LeoVegas was happy to report an increase in revenue to €356 million.
Nasdaq Stockholm-listed LeoVegas Mobile Gaming Group has released its 2019 yearly report which shows revenues have increased once more.
The popular online casino LeoVegas is the flagship brand under the group’s Umbrella, but there are another 15 websites within this ever-growing gambling company.
They include Royal Panda, GoGoCasino, Pink Casino, Pixel.bet, Bet UK, Slot Boss, 21.co.uk, and Crown Bingo among others.
Breaking down the numbers
These are some of the key facts and figures from the recently-released fourth quarter and full 2019 report.
- 2019 revenue was €359 million - an increase of €28.2 million from 2018
- There were 867,938 depositing customers and 590,754 non-depositing customers
- 72% of the revenue was from classic casino games (slots, RNG blackjack, etc), 19% from the live casino, and 9% from sports betting (Q4 2019 data)
- 45% of LeoVegas’ revenue came from Nordic markets with Sweden being the strongest performing country (Q4)
- 42% of its Q4 revenue was generated in the European markets; however, the total monetary value dropped 6% when compared with the year-on-year figures
- 13% from the rest of the world for Q4. This equates to €11 million in revenue, which is a jump of 43% Y-on-Y
How Other Operators Fared
LeoVegas had a respectable year by any standards, but not all operators left 2019 full of smiles. Gaming Innovation Group (GiG), which operates Guts, Rizk, Kaboo, and Thrills reported an 18.8% drop in revenue compared to 2018’s figures. Another established operator, Betsson, announced a 10% decrease in its 4th quarter results.
This was due to its weak performance in crucial markets like Sweden and Norway. Despite this drop, Betsson has still moved forward with its plan to acquire the struggling GiG subsidiary Zecure Gaming, which gives it full ownership of the four brands highlighted above.
Based on these figures, there is a lot to be positive about at LeoVegas. It has a clear long-term strategy and is keen to increase its global brand power, which has seen tremendous growth in the last 18 months.
If you’d like to find out more about LeoVegas casino, please refer to our review sections. We also have articles discussing its innovative LeoPlaySafe initiative, in addition to pieces regarding the company’s bonuses and promotions.Last update: 27-02-2020
Generic Casino News