There are certain things you need to do and others that you have to avoid when playing online. To learn more, take a look at our guide on how to play with the right attitude
You love slots, poker, baccarat, roulette, and you don't want to stay away from them. When you can't sit at the real tables, your best bet is to play online. The fact that you will gain access to the green tables from the comfort of your own home does not mean that playing casino games online comes without rules. In fact, there are certain dos and don'ts to remember. Let's highlight some of them below.
What to DO when playing at online casinos
- Take a break from gambling (like a week or so). Because the less time you spend playing (and less you think about gambling), the less you'll lose overall. Taking a break, you cut your possible losses and you give your brain that needed time to refresh.
- Set a fixed budget. Before logging into your account, decide how much you are prepared to lose emotionally and financially. Along these lines, if you've reached your day's limit, stop playing.
Find the games ideal for the entertainment time amount you're looking. So, if you're prepared to spend 100, don't play in games on which minimum is 20 per bet.
- Keep track of betting results for each session. It applies for beginners who have just started in online gambling and helps them find out if the betting system, in case they are using one, is working or not.
- Accept losses. Casinos always have the house edge, no matter what. Statistically, you're more likely to lose than win your losses back.Thus, don't try recouping your losses because it won't make you returns in the end.
- Know the game to play and understand the mechanics and rules. Avoid those you have little to zero knowledge about if you don't want to suffer from frustration.
- Monitor your entertainment cost. Allot a separate bankroll for gambling and use only this account for the activity. Also, don't borrow money to gamble – as you'll end up with more losses to begin with using borrowed money.
- This rule applies when searching for a casino online where to play. Before signing up in one, you should know and understand the T&Cs and go to your next option if you disagree to any of those stipulations or terms or call them up for some explanation.
If certain things sound too good to be true, use sound judgment and be aware. Avoid online casinos offering too huge a bonus – and then will leave you hanging when trying to cash out.
What NOT to do when playing at online casinos
- Don't spend all your money in the casino, but only gamble for pleasure.Gambling isn't a business, avoid to end up bankrupted. The bottom line is: don't spend your savings playing online!
- Don't sign up unless you've done your research and have determined the reputation of the operator you're considering. Check on forums and reviews from authorities for ideas about the reputation of a particular casino online you are interested in. Our site is a great resource you can use in this endeavor.
- Don't be intoxicated. Having a drink or two could be good to relax, but not a lot of alcohol. Remember, you need to focus in the games and you won't achieve it if you're intoxicated. Otherwise, you'll be making reckless decisions for not having full control over your mind when alcohol has gotten the better of you.
- Don't gamble if you're underage. You should check for gambling laws and restrictions in your country or state before signing up. Avoid eGaming sites that accept underage players, that's not legal.
- Don't play without the right strategies for a decision-based game, such as blackjack. Take some time and practice before playing in real money games.
- Don't register without playing free games to test their quality.
- Don't chase losses! You will end up losing more than you did if you stick to a losing game or extend your session to recover your losses.
- Don't play when emotional, depressed or angry. Your mood is an elevator but a negative one can ruin your playing experience for making bad decisions.
If you master the laws of the "dos and don'ts" of online casinos, you'll always emerge as a winner at the end of the day. We recommend you to determine your bankroll, learn the rules of the games and don't chase losses before logging into your account and start playing your favorite games.Last update: 30-09-2019