We have assembled a list of tips, information, rules, tricks, and strategies to help you become a better Roulette player
Ever since online Roulette became an integral part of the online gaming world, gamers wondered if there is an efficient strategy for scoring a payoff. If you start to browse the internet, you would find many various opinions, experiences, guides, tips and tricks for winning in an online roulette game.
Whether those tips are useful or not, they are certainly worth reading, if nothing else, they will provide one some useful information on getting acquainted with the game itself. So, here are some of the most common tips on how to succeed playing roulette online!
List of Roulette resources
Online roulette strategies: the best and worst ones
There are thousands of roulette strategies available, but which are the best? We have examined the top 4 to find out and also included some valuable playing tips.Last update: September 2019
Learn the probability and odds of European and American Roulette
Many players ask:can Roulette be beaten? Read our guide for a truthful answer and learn about the odds of online Roulette variants before you play.Last update: September 2019
Online Roulette Basic Info
For the ones not familiar with the concept of the game at all, here is a quick guide to roulette types, types of bets, odds, and more.
Roulette represents the game in which the wheel with numbers rotates along with the ball that lies within the wheel, which eventually loses its momentum and stops on a certain numbered field (pocket).
Two types of roulette exist: the European one and the American one. The main difference lies in the number of zeros.
The European roulette contains only one green zero field, while the American one contains two green zero fields, the first with single zero and the second with a double zero mark.
The bets you can place can be divided into two main groups: the outside bets and the inside bets.
- Columns - When you bet on a number within one of the three columns which extend over the longest part of the table
- Dozens - When you bet on dozen of numbers (the 1st - numbers from 1 to 12, the 2nd - numbers from 13 to 24 and the 3rd - numbers from 25 to 36)
The inside bets are called that way because they are placed inside the rectangle that contains all the numbers. They include:
- Straight up - betting on one number only.
- Split - placing a stake on two numbers.
- Street - betting on any of three numbers that are sorted in a row.
- Corner - a stake on four numbers.
- Line - very much alike the Street bet, except one covers two rows of three numbers with his wager.
- Five-number bet - one places a wager on the group of numbers: 00, 0, 1, 2 and 3.
- Basket - one bets on numbers 0, 1, 2 and 3.
- Snake bet - which covers certain numbers that form a snake-like pattern.
5 Tips and Tricks to win playing online Roulette
- Study the Odds Before Placing Your Wager - Every player should take some time to get familiar with the odds and then, based on them, to decide which type of bet will be his choice. You can chase the bets with bigger odds ratio, but the probability of scoring a payoff is smaller.
On the other hand, you can choose the bets with a smaller odds ratio, but with a greater probability of scoring
- Choose the European Roulette - The European roulette brings a slightly bigger chance of winning because it has only one green zero pocket and the house edge is smaller (2.7%) than the American roulette (5.26%)
- Focus on the Outside Bets - The outside bets like Red/Black, Odd/Even, High/Low bring nearly a 50:50 chance of scoring a payoff, which is maybe not that large - but patience is a virtue, don't forget that.
However, if you choose the inside bets, you can increase the chances by avoiding a Straight up bet, although it carries a tempting odds ratio
- Manage Your Money Wisely - You should arrange your wagers beforehand, in order to avoid losing money or even become broke in just a couple of hands played
- Play Free Demo Rounds - It is recommended for the players with no or little experience to play several free online rounds before entering the real money roulette playing. Those rounds would be a good training and could point the player into deficiencies and faults in his starting strategy
Although the tips and tricks highlighted above will certainly help tighten up your game, there is no long term escape from the house edge - also known as the casino's advantage.
The secret is to 'make hay while the sun shines'. You will have very good sessions in which you go on a good winning streak and other days will be the exact opposite.
Therefore, don't overstay your welcome at the table. Set stop-loss limits at both ends of the spectrum.
If you start playing with a 50€/£ bankroll and you build it up to over 100€/£, then it would be a good idea to quit while you're ahead for that session.
Alternatively, if you lose your 50€/£, it's imperative that you don't go chasing your losses because you may not win and then you are in a much poorer overall position.
Play to win but play for fun. That's our motto and if you follow it, you'll have the best online roulette experience ever.