SG Gaming was established in 2012 through the merging of Barcrest with Global Draw, two UK companies that Scientific Games had previously purchased. Let's take a look at what it does.
Scientific Gaming, simply referred to as SG Gaming, is a part of the mega Scientific Games Corporation.
Essentially, SG Gaming is the UK division or the corporation. It provides stand alone betting terminals and gaming cabinets for land-based casinos, bingo halls, arcades and licenced betting shops throughout the country.
SG Gaming Quick Facts
- In addition to Barcrest and Global Draw, Scientific Games also owns WMS, NYX, Bally and Red 7 Mobile.
- SG Gaming holds a UK Gambling Commission for its games.
- Barcrest has been involved in the gaming industry for over 50 years.
- Games range from video and classic slots to roulette, video poker and card classics.
SG Gaming titles
SG Gaming has a packed portfolio of games under the Barcrest or Global Draw banner and it is constantly bringing out something new to add to its suite. Its latest edition is Champions Roulette which has a football theme and a special "champions" bet where you can multiply your stake by 500 times.
Other popular SG Gaming titles include:
- Giant's Gold: this is a 100-payline machine which uses two sets of reels. The main reel set is a standard 5 by 3, but the second one is the colossal reel set which is 5 by 12. The theme has a touch of Jack and the Beanstalk about it and the super-sharp graphics really help to bring the game to life. The 100-paylines means you get plenty of winning combos, plus there are numerous features such as full reel wilds, bonus spins and a gamble option where you can win 100 free spins.
- Royal Fortune: this is a nice regal slot which is worth a spin. The game is introduced by a cuddly Beefeater character and he keeps an eye over the reels at all times. It's a classic 3 by 3 reel set with only 5 paylines, which makes it feel a little retro in that regard. Yet, Royal Fortune comes into its own with some great features including Wild Reel Picks and the great "Off to the Tower" Community bonus.
- Jacks or Better: while there's nothing extraordinary about this video poker from a visual perspective, we've included it because of the fantastic theoretical RTP (return to player) percentage it offers. This version also includes a gamble feature which we don't recommend trying as it will reduce your winnings over time.
The Scientific Games Universe as a whole, of which SG Gaming is a part, is a titan within the online and offline casino, betting and gambling industry worldwide. You simply cannot go wrong with any of the brands which fall under its umbrella. Whether you like playing on the latest video slots, or you prefer table games like roulette, blackjack or poker, SG Gaming is a good brand to head for.Last update: 30-09-2019