It’s fair to say that Big Time Gaming has had a dramatic impact on the iGaming industry. Let's take a look at the BTG's top games and the casinos offering them.
Established in 2011, Big Time Gaming (BTG) is an innovative iGaming software provider that many experts and players credit with changing the way slots are developed.
Many new developers enter this industry, promising to offer something new and exciting. However, despite crafting high-quality games, they rarely have the ‘Wow!’ factor. Enter BTG and the invention of MegaWays. The rest, as they say, is history.
For one of the smaller games studios, this company has made a massive impression. Here are a few bite-size facts about this Australian company.
- BTG’s CEO is Nik Robinson - a man with 25 years of industry experience under his belt. Other key figures are Huw McIntosh (CTO) and Ian Schmidt (Creative Director)
- BTG holds licences in the UK, Alderney, British Columbia, Malta and Gibraltar. Its slot Holy Diver MegaWays holds the world record for offering 586,971 ways to win
- In addition to MegaWays, BTG also has trademarks for unique features including Heart Stopper, Triple Reaction and Feature Drop
What is MegaWays?
Most video slots have 20 or 25 paylines, which compared to the old one payline fruit machines found in your local pub are amazing. Following on from them, 243 ways to win slots started to become very popular, and for a time, many of us thought this was the ceiling.
However, Big Time Gaming’s MegaWays changed all of that. These slots have either five or six reels, but instead of having a fixed number of symbols on each reel, BTG made it variable on each spin.
Most MegaWays slots hold between one and seven symbols (per reel). That means if you get all six reels with seven symbols each, there are 117,649 ways to win. Pushing the boundaries further: there are up to nine symbols on Holy Diver.
The invention of MegaWays was a game-changer. Players the world over instantly fell in love with these games.
Big Time Gaming became the hottest property in the industry. Many other software developers have licenced the MegaWays pay mechanic from BTG. These include Blueprint Gaming, Red Tiger, WMS, NetEnt and iSoftBet. As competition to MegaWays, Leander Games has now introduced Dynamic Ways (which is very similar), and the popular Yggdrasil just released Splitz which can offer over 200,000 ways to win.
Heart Stopper, Feature Drop and more
BTG could have been forgiven for resting on its laurels with MegaWays, but there’s no chance of that with these guys. These are a few more of its impressive trademarked features:
- Heart Stopper: This unique feature allows players to collect tokens in the base game which enables them to trigger an enhanced version of the slot’s main bonus game.
- Feature Drop: First seen on BTG’s Alice in Wonderland, Feature Drop allows players to immediately buy the free spins bonus round for 100x their stake. Since BTG introduced this feature, many other providers have jumped on the bandwagon with their own ‘Buy the Bonus’ variations.
- Triple Reaction: Slot players are used to the reels spinning from top to bottom. Well, that was before Triple Reaction hit the scene. This feature provides spin reactions in three directions. There are two opposite directions on the horizontal-vertical reels, in addition to reels that spin down the centre on the grid.
Casinos with Big Time Gaming Slots
|Operator||Payout||Withdrawal Time||Rating||Review Link|
|96,5%||1-2 days||9/10||Read Review|
|96%||1-5 days||9/10||Read Review|
|96%||2-5 days||8/10||Read Review|
|96%||0-5 days||8/10||Read Review|
|96,5%||2-4 days||7/10||Read Review|
|96%||2-3 days||8/10||Read Review|
|96,5%||2-4 days||9/10||Read Review|
|97,24%||2-4 days||8/10||Read Review|
|97,95%||2-4 days||7/10||Read Review|
|Not published||1-3 days||8/10||Read Review|
Popular BTG Games
- Extra Chilli MegaWays - 6 reels and up to 117,649 ways to win, Extra Chilli is without question one of BTG’s best-loved games. This slot has a Mexican theme, and it uses the symbol drop mechanic so that you can get multiple wins from a single spin. Extra Chilli also offers a tremendous free spins bonus round with an increasing win multiplier. It’s highly volatile, which is attractive to many players and can pay up to 20,000x your stake on any spin
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire MegaWays - Based on the hugely popular TV show, BTG has created another masterpiece with this game. On top of adding the MegaWays pay mechanic, there are symbol drops with respins, and a stellar free spins bonus round with dynamic multipliers. It’s possible to win 50,000x your stake on each spin, so you could literally become a millionaire by taking this slot for a spin
BTG video presentation
After completing our Big Time Gaming software review, we can see exactly why this games provider receives so much praise. It is always looking to innovate and enhance the player’s gaming experience with its slots.
From its signature MegaWays pay mechanic to feature drops and triple reaction, BTG video slots are action-packed from the first to the last spin. You can judge from the Class A online casinos that it is partnered with that this company is an industry leader.
If you haven’t tried any BTG games yet, check out our list of recommended licenced and regulated casinos and test them out. You will not be disappointed.Last update: 10-02-2020