Jeton has emerged as a trustworthy payment option for online casinos. Let’s see how to use it, its advantages and disadvantages, and why you should consider it.
Despite being one of the newest online payment providers, Jeton has already been adopted by a few casinos, which is a positive sign. It is owned by URUS London Ltd.
The company is registered and authorised as an agent to provide e-money solutions by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Jeton users can benefit from three products, so it’s flexible to meet the needs of different people in different countries.
Below an overview of its portfolio:
- Jeton Money Transfer - The website claims that users can send money (to other Jeton users) in more than 160 countries. It offers 50 currencies, such as GBP, USD, EUR, and JPY, which makes it a practical solution for cross border transfers. A fee is charged for currency conversions, although Jeton promises that it always offers competitive rates.
- Jeton Pay - This product is the one which is most associated with Jeton casinos. Essentially, it is an e-wallet, much like Neteller, Skrill or ecoPayz. As a user, you would fund your Jeton account and then make your deposit at the casino. It is also possible to make withdrawals from the casino back to your Jeton wallet.
- Jeton Card - This is a virtual prepaid card that you can purchase from a reseller. They come in a range of denominations and currencies. The card can be used to fund your Jeton wallet, so you can then use Jeton Pay. Alternatively, some online casinos also allow direct deposits from this card. However, it’s not always possible to withdraw.
How to use Jeton at an online casino
The very first thing you need to do is create a Jeton account. This can be done by:
- visiting Jeton.com;
- clicking ‘Sign Up’ or downloading the mobile app and creating an account via that;
- fund your Jeton wallet. There are both international and local payment options, so choose the one which is most suitable. Of course, you can buy a Jeton Card and use that if you prefer;
- log in to the Jeton casino and go to the cashier. Select Jeton from the list of deposit options. You’ll be asked for a few details and to insert the amount you wish to transfer to the casino;
- once you’ve completed this, the money will show up instantly in your casino balance.
For withdrawals, the process is virtually the same. Click on the withdrawal tab at the casino, select Jeton and complete the required steps. Payments should only take a few hours once your request has been processed by the casino.
You can then withdraw your money from the Jeton Wallet to your bank account, or use it to purchase goods online from other Jeton merchants.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Using Jeton
There are pros and cons to all payment methods when it comes to casino gaming. It comes down to a personal choice as to whether Jeton is the right option for you. These are some of the advantages of using this service.
- Security - Along with the fact that players don’t need to share any bank details with the casino, Jeton is PCI - DSS (Level 1) certified. It uses 2FA and other cutting-edge security features to ensure every transaction is completely safe.
- Support - Jeton provides 24/7 customer support via live chat and email. This is reassuring to know that if ever there is an issue, someone is always available to help.
- Multi-currency - As you can effortlessly change currencies directly within your wallet, it gives you more freedom in which online casino you choose to play at. Some sites only offer a few currencies, so Jeton is a good option in these instances.
- Speed - Being a prepaid e-wallet, Jeton is one of the fastest payment methods around. All deposits are instant, and withdrawals are as quick as the casino is prepared to process them.
As stressed, no payment method is 100% perfect. In our opinion, these are some of the weaknesses associated with using Jeton.
- Ineligible for bonuses - The biggest issue with using any form of e-wallet is that many casinos don’t allow you to claim matching deposit bonuses. If you’re a bonus hunter, then this isn’t the right option for you.
- Still new - Although there are a growing number of casinos that now accept Jeton, its numbers are still way behind Neteller and Skrill - both of which offer a similar service.
- Account verification - All Jeton accounts must be verified, and some users have complained that this process takes too long. While this is an inconvenience, we would like to stress that it shows how legit Jeton is. It enforces stringent anti-money laundering protocols, and its KYC is very thorough. Both of which are positive factors for us.
Online casinos featuring Jeton
Jeton is steadily making progress in this industry. It has partnered with a couple of well-respected brands, as you can see below. We will update this list as new Jeton casinos appear.
Jeton Video Presentation
Jeton joins the growing list of e-wallet providers, and to be honest, it’s up against several heavyweights in the shape of PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller.
Effectively, the product is the same, so for casino players that already have an account, it’s not worth changing over.
However, if you’re a newcomer, who is looking for their first e-wallet, Jeton is just as good as the others, although your playing options are far more limited at present.Last update: 22-06-2020