In the world of digital money, ecoPayz has become one of the leading online casino payment methods. In this article, we focus on its history and benefits to the players.
ecoPayz is a globally recognised e-wallet and prepaid card provider. It allows customers to transfer money to friends and family, and to purchase goods across the internet.
One of ecoPayz primary services is within the online gaming industry. There are hundreds of ecoPayz casinos for players to choose from throughout Europe, Scandinavia, South America, Canada and Australia, among other places.
ecoPayz is a brand name operated by UK-based PSI-Pay Ltd which is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to provide electronic money services and products. The company was founded in 2000, making it one of the longest-serving e-wallets provides.
It is a member of Mastercard, as well as being compliant with both the Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Data Security Standards (DSS). It’s also part of the respected Prepaid International Forum (PIF) and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under the 2011 Data Protection Act.
Credentials such as these are why thousands of players use and trust ecoPayz for online gambling payments.
ecoPayz product portfolio
Adapting to a changing world means digital payment providers need to continuously innovate, to keep abreast of the latest technologies and trends. ecoPayz manages this by delivering a suite of products for its customers:
- ecoAccount:To use ecoPayz, you must create an account. This is known as your ecoAccount. It accepts more than 45 global currencies, and customers can add funds by a variety of methods such as credit cards, debit cards, online bank transfers, and local services. This allows you to send and receive money from virtually anywhere in the world, and of course, it can be used as a payment method for your favourite ecoPayz casino.
- ecoCard:Once you have an ecoAccount, you can apply for a personal ecoCard. This is a prepaid card which functions like a traditional debit card. No credit checks are required to get an ecoCard and you can choose between three currencies: pounds sterling (GBP), euros (EUR), and dollars (USD). The card can be used online and in shops, and at ATMs.
- ecoVirtual:This is a one-time use card that works directly from your ecoAccount. It offers the same functionality as the ecoCard in regards to making safe and secure online payments. With a virtual card, you do not get a tangible card. Rather, you are issued a 16-digit account number and CVV number to use.
- ecoVOucher:Another alternative payment method is ecoVoucher. These can be purchased online and offline (in selected countries). The ecoVoucher can then be used to top-up your ecoAccount. However, there are several online casinos which accept the ecoVoucher without the requirement of going through your account.
How to use ecoPayz for online gaming
Many regular internet users are familiar with e-wallets these days, so using ecoPayz will be a walk in the park. However, if you are new to online gaming and making purchases over the internet, here is a simple guide to follow:
- The first thing you need to do is create an ecoAccount at eCopayz
- Add some funds to your ecoAccount by one of the listed payment options
- Go to your favoured ecoPayz casino and log in. (You will need to register first if you haven’t done so already)
- Hit the ‘deposit’ button and select ‘ecoPayz’
- Type in the amount you want to transfer and confirm the payment via your authentication methods
- The money will be instantly added to your account ready for you to play
It is also possible to use ecoPayz as a withdrawal method. Simply follow the instructions provided to get your winnings out. Please note, players cannot withdraw back to an ecoVoucher, so an ecoAccount is a necessity.
Online casinos that adopt ecoPayz
|96%||2-5 days||8/10||Slots Million|
|97,24%||2-4 days||8/10||William Hill|
ecoPayz casino fees
The vast majority of online casinos absorb transaction fees these days due to the competitiveness of the industry. However, you may still encounter charges getting your cash into your ecoAccount and back out to your bank account or credit card.
For instance, deposits (to an ecoPayz account) range from 0.00% - 7.00% for bank transfers and ETFs. Credit card charges are between 1.69% and 6.00% + 0.25 EUR.
And, withdrawal charges to a bank account range from €2.90 to €10.00.
Although, it should also be noted that a free Classic ecoPayz account doesn’t allow you to withdraw via this method.
ecoPayz Video Presentation
ecoPayz has a proven track record for providing secure online payments for online casinos. It is also useful for casino players who would prefer not to use a personal bank account. So, we can see why its popularity is growing.
With that said, the fees are a disadvantage. Up to 7.00% for funding your wallet and potentially €10.00 to get your cash out again will put a dent in your profit margins.Last update: 13-02-2020